Thursday, October 11, 2001

The Pink Princess Talk

The Pink Princess is busily trying to "talk" to us now, although I don't think it qualifies as English (or "American") yet. However, even if she can't get the words out, she certainly can communicate!

She barks at dogs, meows at cats, quacks at ducks, "sniffs" whenever she sees a flower, points at airplanes, and waves hello and bye-bye. "Foos" means shoes. "Ca-ca" means car/truck. "Bebe" is baby. "Ca-coh" is color. "Cocah" is cookie. "Baybe" is Bambi (similar to baby - TV in the room means Bambi, baby in the room means baby - and if both are in the room, well, it's probably the one she's hitting!). She "vrooms" when she plays with cars, and "la la's" with Big Bird when they "Sing!" a song. "Eese" is cheese, and a hand on her bottom means "change me please". She also knows sign language for bird, and food. If all else fails, she is more than happy to grab a hold of your pants and drag you to wherever it is that she would like you to go.

The Pink Princess also says "Mommy", "Momma" and "Dada." And the other day I know she said "Thank-you," although I haven't heard it since. She also has said "diaper", but again, only once. But I'm not worried - I know it will only be a short matter of time before she's talking and I'm wishing she wasn't!